Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Hillary's Snipe Hunt And Losing An Election

Clinton's Hunting History

Clinton was asked to discuss gun control which prompted Clinton to talk about her days holding a rifle in the cold, shallow waters in backwoods Arkansas.

“I’ve hunted. My father taught me how to hunt. I went duck hunting in Arkansas. I remember standing in that cold water, so cold, at first light. I was with a bunch of my friends, all men. The sun’s up, the ducks are flying and they are playing a trick on me. They said, ‘we’re not going to shoot, you shoot.’ They wanted to embarrass me. The pressure was on. So I shot, and I shot a banded duck and they were surprised as I was,” Clinton said drawing laughter from the crowd.

Hillary, aka Dead Eye Dick, nailed flying duck with a rifle. Uh huh, yeah. Us mere mortals use the more legal, but boring shotguns when duck hunting. Maybe she'll give shooting lessons on the White House lawn every other Saturday.

Clinton’s story led one older gentleman to say, “As long as you know how to use a gun, would you be willing to show Vice President Cheney how to use his?” Both Clinton and the crowd erupted in laughter.

“That was good, that was really good,” Clinton said. “You know I couldn’t believe that, I really thought that I have gotten over being totally outraged by the Bush Administration.”

Clinton continued, “Once he (Cheney) is out of office, the Secret Service is not around to protect people from him. We better be careful about where he goes hunting. Safety protocol would be useful, don’t’ you think?”

Yep, that was a good one Hillary. A real knee slapper, especially for the faux outraged of our nation, but being such an avid hunter (and markesman) you know all about those pesky "safety protocols" for weapons. When hunters don't follow protocol, why, it is just simply outrageous!

Here we just call it gun safety or gun control. It is similar to the control necessary when you are throwing a slider with an ashtray. You didn't have control if you didn't nail Bill right in the head.