Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Amnesty Cloture: Paid To Play?

A good friend working on the Hill told me that arm twisting went on using the carrot and the stick method, but in a way that they had never seen before.

Republicans voting Yea.

Bennett (R-UT)
Bond (R-MO)
Brownback (R-KS)
Burr (R-NC)
Coleman (R-MN)
Collins (R-ME)
Craig (R-ID)
Domenici (R-NM)
Ensign (R-NV)
Graham (R-SC)
Gregg (R-NH)
Hagel (R-NE)
Kyl (R-AZ)
Lott (R-MS)
Lugar (R-IN)
Martinez (R-FL)
McCain (R-AZ)
McConnell (R-KY)
Murkowski (R-AK)
Snowe (R-ME)
Specter (R-PA)
Stevens (R-AK)
Voinovich (R-OH)
Warner (R-VA)

The person I spoke with in Voinovich's Senate office this morning sounded resigned when I called. He didn't even ask if I was in support or opposed to the cloture. He just said "I suppose you're opposed," He was right.

I hope it is worth it to them.