Monday, March 22, 2010

Obama's Universe Feels Discord, The Wookiees Are Unhappy

Read a piece at Reason that mirrored my experience today.


Barbershop Secession

In my travels today I heard what I normally do not hear, people that normally do not talk about politics talking a lot about politics.

At the gas station a fellow with a 12 pack of Old Milwaukee saying that the fools in Washington ought to be thrown out. As he left in his tool filled pickup I could see what was left of an Obama/Biden sticker on the back.

At the grocery store, where I am known to hang around and chat, a checkout lady (one of my favs) whispered to me that even though they all thought I was a rich guy who didn't know nothing when I first came to town, but that she had taken a "poll" amongst the ladies and that I had been right and they were through with the democrat lies.

At the lumberyard the owner, who put Obama signs practically on every surface in the last election, greeted me with. "Hey, you sonnavabitch, time for you get your *** back to Washington and shut it down." Though always polite, this is a guy whose sentences usually are made of monosyllable utterances, but still very conversant in lumber, nails and commerce.

One of my neighbors, who I refer to as solar boy because he has enough solar panels to power an aircraft carrier or Al Gore’s house, removed his Obama sticker this morning. From his Prius.

There seems to be a tad bit of discord in the universe.