Thursday, October 25, 2007

In Maine Parents Too Stupid To Raise Children

How did we get to the point where schools, hospitals, medical personnel and government have decided that parents do not have the right to know facts, events and procedures about their children. Their underage children.

This idea was driven home by the school in Maine that wants to give birth control to 11 year old girls. Not women. Not young ladies. Girls. A proponent of this idea stated that this is no different than the practices of health care clinics all over the state that routinely treat under age children without their parents knowledge or that refuse to give the parents any information about results, diagnosis and treatment concerning their children.

BTW, the school nurse pushing contraceptives for eleven year old kids is married to the State Attorney General of the state of Maine. Conflict there?

Over the years I have been repeatedly told that I am not allowed to be privy to information about my children. When in public schools for undergraduate studies my children's well being or travails were none of my business when speaking with school officials. Even though I paid for my children's education when they attended college I was not allowed to be aware of their progress, at least by school officials. I was told that I could discuss it with my children.

How did we get to this point where local, state and federal officials are required to know information about our children, but as parents we are not to know, indeed, we are told it is not our right to know.

We're not smart enough to know what is right for our children and we are supposed to believe that bureaucrats that do not know our kids or us know what is best for all of us.

Now cometh our great mother Hillary to kick it up a notch.

Aren't we lucky? If it weren't for bureaucrats all the 11 year old children in Maine would be pregnant or parents. But they wouldn't have any rights.
.