Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Tagged, But Not Yet Bagged

I have been tagged by Tom of Blogical Conclusions to think of 8 things about myself. So, in no particular order of importance.

HERE ARE THE RULES:
01. Post the rules before you give the facts
02. Players start with 8 random facts/habits about themselves
03. People who are tagged need to write their own blog
04. At the end of your blog you need to choose eight people that you tag and list their names. Don't forget to leave them a comment, telling them they are tagged, and to read your blog.

1. I played drums for a couple of bands that toured as an opening act for name bands. One day I woke up, sold my drums and went west to fight fires. My friends, fellow band members and later, after hearing tapes, my children were mystified why I didn’t make music a career. When I explained to my family that it would have been hard to have and raise children from a morgue I think they understood.

2. I heard Barry Goldwater and Ronald Reagan speak when I was twelve. That year I also fell in love with art and architecture as I carried nails and boards for older men building a church. It was a very important year.

3. At 15 years of age I was 12 feet tall and bullet proof and my father was small and stupid. Nine days before his birthday and 40 days before my 16th birthday he died and I found that I had had my facts exactly opposite.

4. I spent one of my birthdays with the Rolling Stones in Manhattan and Key West as an apprentice to a photographer who was shooting the images for their Black and Blue album.

5. My two best friends are almost to the left of Trotsky, but I love them like brothers.

6. I am momma’s boy. She was a beautiful and smart southern lady and my father knew it the day he met her and asked her to marry him. I once made the mistake of uttering a vulgarity in front of her. I miss her everyday.

7. I love NASCAR and everything that goes fast, but own and drive a Jeep.

8. I love pretty much all music, especially Willie Dixon and Dvořák, but at the moment I am bouncing back and forth between The Memphis Horns and Debussy when I drive my Jeep. My wife drives an A-4 slowly and tortures me by playing the Bee Gees on our long trips to the Eastern Shore. And smiles about it.

I am tagging:

seejanemom

And you thought YOU were cranky?

Bob's Blog

Dinah Lord

Jon Swift

Bloodthirsty Liberal

Keeler Report

Iowa Hawk