Wednesday, April 09, 2008

"Get Me More White People"

Michelle Obama speaks at presidential rally in Skibo Gym
...
While the crowd was indeed diverse, some students at the event questioned the practices of Mrs. Obama’s event coordinators, who handpicked the crowd sitting behind Mrs. Obama. The Tartan’s correspondents observed one event coordinator say to another, “Get me more white people, we need more white people.” To an Asian girl sitting in the back row, one coordinator said, “We’re moving you, sorry. It’s going to look so pretty, though.”

“I didn’t know they would say, ‘We need a white person here,’ ” said attendee and senior psychology major Shayna Watson, who sat in the crowd behind Mrs. Obama. “I understood they would want a show of diversity, but to pick up people and to reseat them, I didn’t know it would be so outright.”

Like most "diversity" programs this is all about numbers, but it upsets liberals if race based quotas are "so outright" as to become apparent.

Some see this much ado about nothing except to the "frustrated commentariat."

From The Moderate Voice;

Unlike the student setting up this event, however, when you advance in your career as a campaign worker and actually start getting paid, you learn not to say idiotic things out loud like, “Give me more white people!” Still, this is yet another of the all too common cases of a bored, frustrated commentariat looking for something - anything - to report on as this endless campaign season drags on.

I'm not frustrated. I am not tired of this "endless campaign". I'm not looking for something - anything - to comment on. I don't have to, it comes to me just like "Get me more white people" has. And it does tell me something about the mindset and attitude of Democrats and of the Obama campaign. Campaign based racial quotas for public dissemination to unaware voters. Racial theater.

UPDATE: Gateway Pundit has more!