Friday, November 19, 2010

PRIORITY: First Lady Michelle To Put 5,000 Salad Bars In Schools Across The Nation!

I would have demanded that we spend money on this years ago if I had known the groundswell of salad bar support amongst the great unwashed in America.

White House to put up to 5,000 salad bars in schools

But schools also are deterred by USDA regulations that require students to pass by a cash register or "point of sale" station after they have been to the salad bar to ensure that they have served themselves the correct portions of fruits and vegetables required under the federal lunch program. In October, the USDA's Food and Nutrition Services division, which oversees the subsidized meal program, circulated a memo saying that while it encourages the use of salad bars in schools, school menu planners must tell students the minimum amounts they must take from salad bars, cashiers "must be trained to judge accurately the quantities of self-service items," and point-of-sale registers "must be stationed after the salad bar."

I'm assuming here that our incredibly caring government will use TSA to ensure students serve themselves an accurate quantity of self-service items. This is to prevent too many students from overdosing on radishes and arugula.

Of course, TSA officials will be stationed to do super pat downs on any students with too much cucumber trying to sneak past cashiers.

Is our regime government great or what! I'm gonna call the government because I got a boo-boo because I wasn't careful. I sure hope thay can help me with my bad.