Monday, February 15, 2010

Even More Snow For Ohio

Yep, we're getting more snow. The yard is still pretty from already fallen snow, but the streets are dirty and the curbs are piled high with mounds of plowed snow, especially in front of my driveway. The roads and highways are hiding patches of ice that won't go away.

More snow? Try as many as 9 inches

Talking with a good friend who still believes Obama is the second coming, even though he is not a believer, climate change came up, of course. He believes man has raped and plundered the earth, kinda like Jimmy and the Doors sang about years ago, and now the earth is striking back with global warming. This, as we watched snow falling outside. Me, I am not a believer in Mother Gia or whatever our planet is being called now, but I am a believer in climate change because I've witnessed it all my life.

As a child, my friends and I reveled in snow from pretty much Thanksgiving to March. Kinda like this year. As an adult, I'd like the snow to appear two days before Christmas, with notice thank you, and then go back to Hudson Bay or where ever it comes from, by December 27 at the latest.

As a child, I would hop in the car and go with my father to the latest area destroyed by tornadoes. Sometimes it was a hurt farmer with a missing barn and sometimes it was half or all of a village or town destroyed with tremendous amounts of death, destruction and injuries. As an adult, tornadoes are rare here in central Ohio, which is fine by me. That is climate change I can believe in. Of course, because of the threats of lawsuits and other modern conveniences, my father, if alive, couldn't even think of actually going to the people hurt and dying, even if he could get through the throngs of lawyers desperately vying for clients to sue someone.

We're possibly getting another 9" of snow. On top of what we already have. I love working from home.