Thursday, August 20, 2009

Zach Space Knows He's In Trouble

He knows he's in trouble when he has to ring up newspapers and say:

Space says he's not ducking critics on health care
"I think some people are trying to create this impression that I have been running away from having town-hall meetings, and that's just not true," Space said. "I've been holding telephone town halls, where I can talk to, like, 1,500 people. I can't reach everybody; I have a 16-county district. But I have been able to reach 5,000 to 10,000 people with the telephone town halls on various subjects, people who call in with questions or who listen in."

He said in past years he was discouraged when only a few people would show up to announced town-hall meetings, so telephone town halls have been a more effective way of connecting with his constituents.

If you're not up to the job, don't run for office again. Which is a splendid idea.