Sunday, January 25, 2009

Smudging The Bush White House Is Great Snivelling Smoodge ToThe Left

Via Little Green Footballs:

If one hangs the batwings upside down to make their world appear rightside up, it still means one's world is batty.

Could the White House Use a Good Smudging?
Former President George W. Bush and wife Laura evacuated the White House yesterday, making room for President Barack Obama, his wife Michelle and their two daughters to move in for the next four (optimistically eight) years. This photo of the White House that was released to the media showcases a manila folder with a Post-It note left behind from George W. Bush for our new president. The folder is supposedly the only thing left behind from the old administration. There has been some speculation about what the contents of the folder might be. But, I'm more concerned about any energetic crud that may still be hanging around inside the house, especially in the living quarters. There are surely lingering energies that could use a good smudging.

It is beneficial to give living spaces a good sage smudging before moving in. The transfer of power from one administration to another in our country is unique. One part of that transfer is Moving Day which coincides with Inauguration Day. Yesterday while all the hoopla was going on with the swearing in ceremony, parade, and such, the White House staff of 93 moved the Bush's belongings out. They then went to work unpacking the Obama famiy's furnishings and clothing. I'm sure the White House staff routinely keep the rooms clean and swept of dust and cobwebs, but that's not what I'm talking about.

Smudging is a purification ritual that not only clears away negative and stagnant energies but will also open up a space, inviting calm and serenity. I periodically give all the rooms in my home a good sweep with a sage wand. I will also sage the mattresses and cushions on our couches and chairs. I simply walk from room to room and sage any places I feel gunk might be hanging out (sink drains, kitchen cabinets, dresser drawers, etc.). If I were moving into a new home I would certainly give it a thorough smudging before moving in any of my belongings. I would sage each room making sure I covered all four corners and also all closets and cubbyholes. I would also sage all entryways, doorways and hallways.