Thursday, January 03, 2008

Thompson's Staying In Sez Galen So Shudda Your Face

Team Fred Strongly Denies... [Byron York]
Good morning from Des Moines. I just got off the phone with Rich Galen, a top adviser to Fred Thompson, and it would be an understament to say that he is strongly denying the Politico
story reporting that Thompson "will drop out of the race within days if he finishes poorly in Thursday's caucus.

"The story cites "several Republican officials close to Fred Thompson's presidential campaign." Galen told me, "I'm a Republican official in the Thompson campaign, and I'm denying it." Galen also said that no one inside the campaign was a source for the story. "I can't put enough adjectives in front of the 'deny' to accurately describe how vehemently I'm denying the story," he said.

Galen said that "just to make sure," he checked with Thompson himself, who told him the story was not true. "We have the schedule for Saturday and Sunday in New Hampshire, and then we're going down to South Carolina," Galen told me.

If Rich Galen says it is snowing in hell, I'd make sure my boots and gloves are on. I mean if I ever had reason to be there.

Via NRO