Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Episcopals United Against Jesus and Victory in Iraq

Okay, I was on the high seas of Erie which means my cell and my puter didn't work. Thankfully the bottle opener, the on board grill and the compass did. My best friend and his wife, both liberals of the nth degree, graciously invited my wife and I for a long sail, good conversation and vast amounts of fun with drink, food and friends and no politics.

Bonus points were scored when mRed Jr (who has me by 4"s) and girlfriend joined us all on Kelley's Island where he immediately brought up just how stupid liberals were for wanting to lose in Iraq. The wife and I immediately ran for the bar as a Canadian couple joined the ensuing argument over Amerinazis. My friend, who is a practicing non-practicing Episcopalian, and wife quickly joined us to commence a nonstop communion of shots stated that the Church we both grew up in had become a joke which made the communion quip relevant. I let it slide until this morning I came across this article.

Episcopal priest suspended after saying she also is Muslim

The Rev. Ann Holmes Redding must take a year from her position at
Seattle's St. Mark's Episcopal Cathedral and should "reflect on the doctrines of
the Christian faith, her vocation as a priest, and what I see as the conflicts
inherent in professing both Christianity and Islam," the Rt. Rev. Geralyn Wolf,
bishop of the Diocese of Rhode Island, wrote in an e-mail to church
leaders.

dotdotdot

"Since entering Islam," she told the newspaper, "I have been, by my own
estimation, a better teacher, a better preacher and a better
Christian."

dotdotdot

Since being suspended from the priesthood, Redding said, she realizes
many believe "the last thing the church needs to deal with at this time is this
type of doctrinal dispute. I wish it could've been at a more convenient time,
but as far as I know I am responding to God's will and God's timing."

Doctrinal dispute? Convenient time? God's will? Does this babe moonlight as a vegan reviewer for Ruth's Chris?

No wonder the episcopal church is no longer a Church.

My son made the Canadians beat a hasty retreat by using facts and joined us. It was fun and even my friend and his wife had to chuckle.

Did I mention his girlfriend is smart and beautiful.