Friday, June 22, 2007

Ebert is a Dilbert, At Best

A Mighty Heart
Mariane Pearl reminds us in her book, and the movie reminds us, too,
that some 230 other journalists had lost their lives at the time of Pearl's
kidnapping, most of them during the conflict in Iraq. That means they
proportionately had a higher death rate than combat soldiers. That's partly
because they are ill-prepared for the risks they take and partly because they're
targets. The Americans who complain about "negative" news are the ideological cousins of those who shoot at CNN crews. The news is the news, good or bad, and those who resent being informed of it are pitiful. More Americans are well-informed about current sports and auto-racing statistics, I sometimes think, than anything else. (emp mine)


Did he say that, because I think the media's coverage of Iraq is biased by their liberal politics, hatred of Bush and deep distaste of the military, I am as bad a a terrorist? BBBut that would mean he thinks terrorists are? What? He doesn't. He just says that I am an ideological cousin.

I guessing here that he thinks I am bad if I "complain" about the media's "negative" news, so that must mean that Ebert thinks that terrorists are bad as well.

Sigh, I guess it is a little step for the media.