Saturday, November 11, 2006

The shallowness of voters

… called to tell me to expect a gift subscription to Time Magazine now that
I will be able to read the news with hope and joy again.

I know that may not seem like a lot to you, but to me it was just the
sweetest thing.

Thanks, Doug, and to all my other friends back home in El Paso who
regularly practice random acts of kindness.


MSM publications, a random act of kindness? One never knows though I do not think there is anything random about their reporting.

Now they can read the news with hope and joy again……

Isn’t that just the sweetest thing?

These people aren’t serious, but they are reflective of a large segment of the American voting public these days. That is a problem. If they are so shallow that reading Time magazine during a Republican administration is too painful, they shouldn’t vote.

I am not a fan of many publications, because I have come to understand their agenda which is seldom the same as mine, but I read. I read as much as I can. It is important to know what those you disagree with are thinking.

There are many that only read what they perceive as verifying what they believe is correct in their world. Thus we have fever swamps of “media” that perpetuates “news” that has been proven a lie.

I mean, al Jazeera is just the sweetest thing, don’t you think?