Sunday, November 05, 2006

Marc Dann - Friend of Zack Space

The final nail in the coffin for Marc Dann

Evidently Marc Dann is a sexist. Here's the email I received from Women for Betty:

I urge you to e-mail this message to several of your women friends. Yesterday I
had the opportunity to attend the debate between Betty Montgomery and her
opponent in the race for Attorney General at The City Club in Cleveland. While I
expected an interesting and possibly heated debate, I had no idea I would leave
the City Club feeling completely appalled by Marc Dann’s unbelievable sexist
comments.Marc Dann, running a wholly negative campaign, ran out of ideas and
decided to offend everyone at the debate with an outrageous story. Dann offered
up a piece of fiction in which he found his wife and her friends on chairs,
scared witless by a mouse. He then went on to compare Montgomery to his fat,
lazy cat. He botched the joke, because nobody was laughing.During the Q&A
session, an older gentleman stood to say that he had been highly offended by
Dann’s chauvinistic comments and asked Dann if he intended to bring that same
sexist attitude to the Attorney General’s office if he should be elected. The
gentleman, then asked Dann to clarify his sexist remarks. Dann replied with a
smirk, "I'm only repeating what I saw." The audience, fed up with Marc's
classless remarks, booed candidate Dann as the debate closed.Betty, when asked
by the moderator to respond said, "I am just speechless. All I can say is that I
wouldn't have been on a chair. I'd have been the first to get a broom."


There ya have it. If you honestly think Marc Dann is the right candidate for Attorney General, I am just speechless.

From Viking Spirit